Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 118

Thread: Is Phil in trouble....

  1. #61
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasnt pressing charges anyway, and I dint say anything incriminating </div></div>

    Hey kid congrats on manning up. Next time dont get to swept up in the Moment. I remember when I was in school. I would get pretty hyped over stuff. I would have probly been right there with ya. LOL [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    GO VOLS

  2. #62
    Inactive Member yankeefanz4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    well you need to know that the two teams were side by side on the field with about 25 yards separating them so it is possible that he was running towards the Burton Crowd not the PV players...any way your point is a good one I will admit however some on here are threatening this kid with inciting a riot and that clearly was not his intent... There is a right way and a wrong way to approach a kid you fear is going to be attacked and believe me he was not stopped because anyone thought he might get into trouble...again and for the last time, he is a high school KID, at a high school game. It was high emotions for both sides, all I am saying is that the Adult in the situation should have showed more control. Should criminal charges be brought against anyone? No I don't think so if the kid was not harmed and he called and spoke with the family. I see your point too in a way, but (I don't think it was you) some on here were telling him he should be charged and face charges, that is not right. Phil apologized that says something for his feelings on the situation.
    "The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of baseball."


  3. #63
    Inactive Member yankeefanz4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasnt pressing charges anyway, and I dint say anything incriminating </div></div>

    Hey kid congrats on manning up. Next time dont get to swept up in the Moment. I remember when I was in school. I would get pretty hyped over stuff. I would have probly been right there with ya. LOL [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]</div></div>


    See I knew it....lol you were a kid awww I am so happy now...lol
    "The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of baseball."


  4. #64
    Inactive Member Bleed Crimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2007
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    It is very odd that you now say you seen the whole situation evolve.... When on the thread "no class at all" it was i that explained the situation of why Phil was beside himself angry and this was your response. In your first sentence you say "thank you for the insite" and later on you comment of some fans "As I stated before sadly enough fans no matter where they are from, are always going to be rowdy, some rude and others simply clueless," I have to say im quite shocked you seen so much when the day after you were quite clueless.

    You know maybe if Raider 13's parents were watching his actions like they should have.... Well then it would not have happened, i for one can say if i did such an ignorant thing i would not have been able to sit on my ass for a week!

    yankeefanz4life
    stranger


    Registered: 09/07/07
    Posts: 24 I truly appreciate the insite and I was un aware of the fact that someone had acted in that manner. I am just tired of the entire thing to be honest. I have seen Burton kids work so very hard to overcome the almighty Vikings, and to have their win called a "fluke" or to have them accused of cheating is honestly more than I as a parent can stand any longer. I am honestly not a big football fan, however I do enjoy games like last night, to see two teams continue to battle when both were down at one point. I like that type of competition. I am certain that PV works just as hard as the kids from Burton to win each and every game, as I told my son before the game it will come down to who wants it most and believe me most of the Burton kids were very nervous and having fans from PV yelling at my child as they waited to enter the field calling him names is very upsetting to me. Usually I let it roll off however when we were approached by Mr. Robbins, with nothing in our hands no one even looked over that way I was looking for my son, was a bit shocking, I understand why he may have been upset however that is something that should have been taken up with the person who made him angry, not a man with a small child in tow. As for the behavior of me and my family I took pictures of my son and Cedric Mitchell after the game as they know on another and are friends, with both wishing the other well. My point is however that if you wish to protect your players simply get them away from that type of situation as Burton's coach did two years ago in Pound, you get them on the bus and get them out of there, you do not attack fans or kids, verbally or physically for that matter. As I stated before sadly enough fans no matter where they are from, are always going to be rowdy, some rude and others simply clueless, that is something any adult can see and expect, one must simply rise above that and teach your own not to act in that manner, it is when those who are supposed to lead by example engage in this type of behavior that I simply can not over look. Again thank you for the insight, none the less it does not excuse the actions of the Vikings "Leader"
    I also feel that fans from around the LPD would benefit greatly to take a step back and look at their behavior as a whole, Norton Fans do not have the market when it comes to rude behavior, I have had my car keyed at Pound, I have had parents yell to break my son's leg in football, to break his arm, ( Pound fans mostly ), I must commend the fans of Coeburn and St. Paul, they are two teams I can think of right now whose fans are simple and quite, is it because these two teams pose no real threat to the "big dogs" of the LPD? Possibly, just as Burton Fans once were seen the same way. As for the state game last year, fans from both sides had words for the officials on the field, not just the ones from Burton. And I won't even comment on the racial slurs that the kids from Burton endured from Kelly fans...so once again thank you for the insight, but Burton is not the only team with fans that need to get a grip on their actions. Two teams played very very hard one came out on top and the other did not...I find it ironic that no one had an opinion of the Burton Fans when they had little to cheer about as they watched the Vikings celebrate on their field year after year. Why is that?
    _________________________
    "The essence of the Yankees is that they win. From in front or from behind, they win. And that's why the history of the New York Yankees is virtually the history of baseball."



    Top Notify Email Pos

  5. #65
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    I'll say this to the person asking a bout do you remember high school, yes I do. If I personally ever did anything like that, one my coach (Robbins) would've kicked me off the team, two my parents would've put something on my tail that would've took years to come off and three my school would've punished me.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #66
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    The kids who ran after Hank Aaron wouldn't have hurt a fly, they still went to jail.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #67
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here we go again..... </div></div>

    What is one of the greatest rock ballads of the 1980s Alex. </div></div> Hair of the Dog. And what about ole Phil making a point of walking thru the goalposts? Same deal, just most don't know about it. If he touched him, I'd expect assualt charges.

  8. #68
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> two my parents would've put something on my tail that would've took years to come off and three my school would've punished me. </div></div>

    I agree Norton high school should have at least talked with the kid about his behaviour. If it would have been me my folks would have probably patted Phil on the back for cutting short my buffoonery and made me call and apologize. The kid got caught up in the moment he came on here and owned up to it so my hats off to him. Im sure on a Friday night night there was a lot worse stuff going on.
    GO VOLS

  9. #69
    Inactive Member BAMA MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    116
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    if your man enough to throw it down be man enough to take what you get. i can remember a time he would have got his butt kicked!

  10. #70
    Inactive Member wyattyap's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    343
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Is Phil in trouble....

    Norton high voted him student of the week,no joke.GO RAIDERS.
    Have u ever played the game of FOOTBAll before?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •